Is Omega 3 from Algae Oil better than from Fish Oil?
Yes, omega 3 from algae oil is the sustainable alternative to fish oil and is better in quality.
- Algae are the natural, plant source of Omega 3
- Algae are the food source from which fish get their high Omega 3 values
- The algae are grown in a controlled environment and are therefore 100% clean
- Fish often contain pollution from the ocean such as heavy metals, PCBs, dioxins and microplastics
- It takes less energy to make algae oil. Algae grow on sunlight
- The oil does not need to be purified or processed because the algae are grown in a closed system that is 100% clean
About 25% of the total worldwide fish catch goes to the Omega 3 industry and contributes significantly to overfishing. Overfishing threatens many animal species with extinction, disrupting the ecosystem of our oceans and the entire planet. If we continue with this, it will have far-reaching consequences. By taking Omega 3 from algae instead of fish, you contribute to a solution for this immense problem. Every Ekopura Omega 3 product saves the lives of 30 fish and any bycatch associated with fishing.
Is your Omega 3 algae oil completely plant based?
Yes, the omega 3 oil comes from algae and the capsules are made from seaweed extract. The other ingredients are also of plant origin. The products are therefore suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
What is the Omega 3 concentration per capsule?
Our Vegan Omega 3 DHA Algae oil capsules contain 250mg DHA and approximately 5mg EPA.
Our Vegan Omega 3 EPA + DHA Algae oil capsules contain 210mg DHA and 70mg EPA. View the product.
Which Ekopura Omega 3 should I choose?
It depends on what health benefits you want to achieve from taking omega 3.
- Omega-3 DHA is good for the eyes and brain with an intake of 250mg DHA per day. This is equivalent to 1 capsule of our Omega 3 DHA. If this is your goal, then our Omega XNUMX DHA is sufficient. Omega-3 DHA.
- Omega 3 EPA + DHA contributes to the normal functioning of the heart with an intake of 250mg per day. This is equivalent to 1 capsule of our Omega 3 EPA + DHA.
- Pregnancy And Breastfeeding: 200mg of Omega 3 DHA per day (1 capsule), taken by the mother, is an important building block for the brains of the fetus and breastfed infants, and contributes to normal eye development. The beneficial effect of this is obtained on top of the intake of 250mg Omega 3 EPA + DHA. We therefore recommend a combination of Omega 3 DHA and Omega 3 EPA + DHA to be taken during this period.
Do your products contain additives?
Our products are free of unhealthy additives and are made with plant-based ingredients that are produced in a sustainable way. All our products are therefore free of GMOs, soy, preservatives and artificial flavors and colorings.
Do the capsules contain iodine?
No, the product is iodine-free. The capsules are tested for that.
What is the shelf life?
The shelf life is always stated on the back of the packaging, at the bottom. We guarantee a minimum shelf life of 12 months. In reality, however, this is often longer because we produce regularly and have small stocks. It is therefore possible to purchase several products at the same time for a longer period.
What is the best way to store the capsules?
The capsules are best kept in the package, sealed and at room temperature, out of direct sunlight and out of the reach of children. The ideal temperature is between 15 and 25 degrees Celsius.
Can you take the products during pregnancy or breastfeeding?
Due to the natural nature of our products, without any unhealthy additives, it is safe to take the products according to the instructions for use. Also during pregnancy and breastfeeding. However, be aware of any allergies and always consult a doctor if in doubt.
Can children also use the products?
The dosages are determined based on the needs of adults. So children need less of the recommended dosage or the same dosage but less often. When in doubt, always consult a doctor.
What is the Totox value of Ekopura Omega-3?
Our Omega 3 has a Totox value of 4,5. The Totox value indicates the oxidation value of the oil. The lower the value, the fresher the oil. In general, values below 20 are considered acceptable. However, we only go for the best quality and the freshest oil.