Do you love muffins and chocolate? Then these chocolate protein breakfast muffins are definitely recommended to make. With a few ingredients you can put these muffins on the table.
What do you need for 4 muffins?
- 100 grams of medjoul dates (4 pieces)
- 50 grams almond flour
- 50 grams of cocoa powder
- 30 grams of buckwheat flour
- 40 grams of coconut oil
- 150 ml plant-based milk
- 1 tl baking powder
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds with 3 tablespoons water
- ¼ tsp vanilla powder
- pinch of salt
- Nuts, seeds, dried fruits
- 2 scoop Vegan protein chocolate
- Optional: 30-50 grams of dark chocolate chips (or chopped dark chocolate)
How do you make them?
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees and grease your muffin tin.
Mix 1 tablespoon of chia seeds with 3 tablespoons of water. Mix together and let it soak for at least 5 minutes. This is your "egg replacement".
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Melt the coconut oil and pour into a food processor. Add the dates to this and mix until all dates are ground.
- Now add the milk, coconut oil-date mixture and chia seeds to the bowl and mix everything very well with a spoon.
- Finally, fold in the chocolate chips / chopped dark chocolate.
- Spoon into the muffin tin and place in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes. Let them cool down almost completely before you take them out of the muffin holder, so that they can firm up well.
- Top it off with nuts, seeds and dried fruits.
- And then it's time to have fun!
Curious about all Ekopura recipes? then click here.
Ekopura only uses pure and organic ingredients for optimal muscle recovery and building. Curious about all our products? then click here.