Healthier peanut butter chocolate chip cookies made without butter or oil. Perfectly chewy, salty sweet and studded with chocolate chips! The perfect cookie for a post-workout protein snack or a healthier dessert. Below you will find our recipe for healthier peanut butter chocolate chip cookies.
Preparation: 18 minutes
Cooking time: 12 minutes
Portions: 12 cookies
- 23 g oatmeal (gluten-free if necessary)
- 40 g gluten-free flour (or other flour, such as almond flour)
- 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 73 g brown sugar
- 128 g creamy salted peanut butter (ingredients should only be peanuts and salt)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg (organic)
- 34 g dark chopped chocolate chunks (dairy-free)
- 1 half scoop Whey of Vegan protein powder
- Preheat the oven to 185 degrees and line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add (gluten-free) oats, gluten-free flour, sea salt, baking soda, and brown sugar and whisk to combine.
- Add peanut butter (make sure it's natural and pourable - just peanuts and salt), vanilla, and egg and stir until a sticky dough is formed. Depending on the freshness/drizziness of your peanut butter, you may need to add a little more flour if it's too wet. Or, if it's too dry or crumbly, make up for it with a little more peanut butter (or a splash of dairy-free milk).
- Stir in the chocolate chips. Then scoop out the dough in 1 ½ tablespoons per cookie, place on the prepared baking tray and form into nice round cookies by gently pressing the dough flat. Top with some more chocolate chips.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges appear slightly golden and they have expanded to about twice their original size. Remove from oven and let cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes (top with a little more sea salt- optional). Then enjoy your delicious cookies (preferably with dairy-free milk).
- Store cookies tightly sealed at room temperature for 4-5 days or in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.