Muffins for breakfast...YES! Today we are sharing a recipe for these protein cherry chocolate muffins and one thing is for sure... They are delicious! With a few ingredients you can put these muffins on the table. Enjoy!
Ingredients (10 small muffins)
- 120 ml (vegetable) butter
- 2 eggs
- 250 ml (soy) yogurt cherry flavor
- 150 grams spelled flour + 1 tbsp for the cherries
- 100 grams of oatmeal
- 120 grams light brown sugar + 1 tbsp for sprinkling
- 2 tl baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 / 4 tsp salt
- 200 grams (frozen) cherries
- 3 scoops Ekopura vegan protein vanilla
- Pieces of dark chocolate
- Extra needed: muffin pan + paper baking cups
- Preheat the oven to 175 ºC and line a muffin pan for 10 muffins with paper baking cups.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan on the stove or in the microwave and let it cool slightly. Beat the eggs in a mixing bowl and add the yogurt and melted butter. Mix well.
- Add flour, oatmeal, caster sugar, baking powder, Ekopura, cinnamon and salt to the bowl and mix together. Not too long, but just long enough to mix everything well.
- Set aside 12 cherries and cut the rest into quarters. Add the reserved tablespoon of spelled flour to the sliced cherries and toss well so that the cherry pieces are well covered with flour. Carefully fold the cherry pieces into the batter. Then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Divide the batter between the muffin cups and then pierce each muffin with a cherry in the center. Sprinkle with the reserved sugar.
- Bake at 30 C for about 175 minutes.