We are huge fans of peanut butter. That's why this week a recipe for delicious granola, peanut butter, protein and chocolate cups. This snack is super easy to make. It doesn't have to be in the oven and you need few ingredients. You can also combine it yourself with different toppings and different types of chocolate.
- 2 ½ cup granola
- 1 cup peanuts, chopped/crumbled
- ¼ cup peanut butter (we like to use organic peanut butter, but any peanut butter will do)
- ¼ cup honey or agave syrup (or more if needed to help the mixture hold together)
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons Ekopura protein powder (the natural of chocolate flavors work best with this recipe)
- 120 grams of dark chocolate chips (if you don't like dark chocolate, you can also use other types here)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Muffin moulds.
- In a large bowl, mix the granola, peanuts, peanut butter and honey. Mix it well.
- Coat the muffin tins with cooking spray or oil.
- Divide the granola mixture over the different muffin tins. Use the back of a spoon to press the mixture into the molds well (tip: spray the back of the spoon with cooking spray or oil so that the mixture does not stick to the spoon. Put in the freezer for 5 to 10 minutes to harden.
- Microwave 1 cup peanut butter for 30-45 seconds or until warm and thin. add the Ekopura protein powder and mix well. Fill each granola cup with the peanut butter and place in the freezer for another 5-10 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil by putting them in the microwave for 30 to 60 seconds (or until it's a nice soft consistency). Stop every 15 seconds to stir the substance well.
- Divide the melted chocolate over all the granola cups (if you want to add extra topping, now is the time. We love to put sliced cherries on these cups) and place back in the freezer for about 5 minutes (until the chocolate is hard) .
- Store in the fridge