I'm sure you like this cornflake protein cookies recipe is going to be great for your cheat days. Buttery cookie dough with chocolate chips, vanilla protein powder, rolled in crunchy cornflakes and baked until golden brown and crispy.
The cookie dough itself is buttery and smooth and does NOT need to be refrigerated. This means these cookies are ready to eat in just 30 minutes.
A frequently asked question is how do you ensure that the cookies are so well covered with cornflakes. It's super easy. You simply take a large tablespoon of cookie dough, roll it in your hands and then roll it into a bowl of lightly crushed cornflakes.
Use your hands to press the cornflakes into the cookie dough - they should stick. Then place the cookie dough balls on your baking sheet. As the cookies bake, they spread and the cornflakes are toasted.
Crispy, buttery and sweet, this cornflake Cookies will be your new go-to snack.
The cornflake protein cookies recipe :
- 115 grams of butter, room temperature
- 90 grams brown or palm sugar
- 1 small scoop whey of vegan vanilla protein powder
- 1 large egg
- 210 grams of flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 75 grams of chocolate chips
- 45 grams of cornflakes
- Line two baking trays with baking paper. Preheat the oven to 180 C standard / 160 C fan.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugars with an electric mixer for 1-2 minutes or until pale and creamy.
- Add egg and protein powder and mix.
- Sift in the flour and baking powder and mix.
- Add chocolate chips and stir through.
- Place the cornflakes in a separate bowl and crush them lightly with your hands.
- Scoop balls of dough (about 1,5 tablespoons each), then roll them in the cornflakes, pressing the cornflakes into the cookie dough with your hands.
- Place cookie dough balls on the prepared baking sheets. Leave enough space between the dough balls to allow the cookies to expand.
- Bake for about 12-13 minutes or until golden brown. Carefully place them on a wire rack to cool completely.